Thursday, December 15, 2011

Courtney Love could be evicted from her home

The controversial singer is in danger of being evicted from the house where he lives for painting the walls and set fire him.

Love had 10 months renting a house in western New York for $ 27,000 (20,700 euros) and now his owner Donna Lyon has gone to court claiming a debt by the singer $ 54,000 (41,500 euros), plus damages for having painted the walls of the house without permission.

Lyon, who lives in Chicago and bought the said house valued at $ 8 million (6.2 million euros) last year, said it was part of the contract clause not to change the interior thereof, and is shocked to watching paint and paper blue damask on the walls.

"The house had been decorated by the previous owner, interior designer Steven Gambrel. One of the requirements of the lease was that you could not change the interior design. Courtney wallpaper and painted many of the walls of the property without my consent. I learned this when I took pictures because I wanted to sell the house. They sent me the brochure and thought, 'This can not be my property,' "said the owner of the newspaper New York Post .

"I came to New York to see him and I was horrified at what he had done. The walls were painted and varnished by hand were ruined, covered with damask paper and blue paint," says Lyon.

The artist also had set fire to the curtains in the master bedroom, causing the owner to fear for the welfare of the rest of the house, built in 1827.

"I received a call from his accountant saying 'Miss Love is right', of which I was happy, but then I thought, 'What is the house?'" Continues the owner.

The date on which both parties must appear before the civil court in Manhattan is set for December 21.

0 comments:

Post a Comment