Saturday, December 3, 2011

David Beckham, visiting charity in the Philippines

The player - who has four children with his wife Victoria - visited UNICEF support center in the capital, Manila, and acknowledges he was "very impressed" with the affection that people showed during his trip.

"Hello everyone. I had the incredible privilege of visiting the UNICEF support center in Manila, which helps children living and working in the streets and offers them support so they can rebuild their lives again and find a home where they want and care for them, "he wrote on his page Facebook .

"As a father of young children, I can not imagine what life was like for these children living and working in the streets. I was impressed with the welcome and the affection of children and the incredible work done by the center staff. They are some very special people, "he added.

While visiting the center, Beckham took part in some activities such as learning to sew.

"The children taught me and told me what they did in the middle. I even tried to prove something sewing! I was impressed by the inspiring people," said the footballer.

Beckham also posed with graduation robes had children and attended an art class during their visit.

The footballer has been an ambassador of goodwill charities since 2005, paying special attention to programs for the development of sport.

0 comments:

Post a Comment