Monday, December 12, 2011

The Mexican accent of his career stalled Salma Hayek

The Mexican actress, but is proud of his origins, he admits that went bad times in Hollywood when he first moved to America at age 22, because it could only get to act in small roles as a maid or a prostitute.

"There were no roles for Latinos, it was frustrating. The people advised me to return to Mexico , he settled there and had children. I think they felt sorry for me, "the actress told the newspaper Daily Mirror .

"I could not have the same offers as other actresses because they were blonde and did not speak with a different accent," he said.

The first major work of Hayek came in 1995 with a role opposite Antonio Banderas in the movie 'Desperado'. After this, and with the money he earned for various activities managed to raise enough to fund 'Frida', where he converted his passion for the artist Frida Kahlo in a film produced by and starring herself.

"Over the past 18 years I have worked with to improve myself and I have fought to earn respect as an actress over an extremely hard road. However, all this in addition to tan as an actress has taught me to be a producer and director, "added the actress.

The next project that we see Hayek's "Puss in Boots' that gives voice to the character of Kitty Softpaws. It will see it working again with Banderas, responsible for voicing the main character, which he did in the movie 'Shrek'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment