Monday, December 12, 2011

Meryl Streep connected with its role as Margaret Thatcher

Oscar-winning actress - who plays British leader in his next movie, 'Iron Lady' - admitted that he found it difficult to abandon its role as it was "more personal" than other characters he had played throughout his career.

"With the film 'in love with my ex' actually left the character in the set. But in this case it took me for a long time because it was more personal. And the energy deposited in playing someone whose power has waned took its toll. It reminded me a lot to my mother and my grandmother. It's exciting to go into that, "said Streep.

However, the actress explained that 62 years had some doubts before accepting the role of Thatcher, until finally he was immersed in listening to recordings of famous speeches from politics.

"I kept spinning. I called my husband and said, 'Why did I say I could do this? I can not!' And he answered: 'You always say that. Always.' And I replied: 'No, this is the first time.' I have to just dive into it the way I do. I was listening to his speeches rather than seeing . I could not hear anything but her, "Streep said in an interview to the magazine Culture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment